Monday, August 9, 2010

Idho vanduten...

When I stopped playing football by the end of 1997 (yea, a couple of years after I started - not like a career or anything, he he), I knew what I was getting into. My instructor had asked me to keep exercising and if not, I would become fat, especially around the belly portion, once I finished growing taller.

Anyone who has seen me in the past four or five years can say whether I worked on his advice. :)

I was back on the field today after seven years (thirteen, if you count playing for a team) and realized a lot of things.

a) I have a serious respiratory issue I am planning to overlook for the moment.
b) I am planning to run and explore as much as possible.
c) I can still bend the ball.
d) Most importantly, I was of the opinion that my football 'skills' (if I may use that word) would have gone down exponentially since '97. I was either wrong about the exponential function back then, or we have reached infinity. Yes, I am back at zero. In fact, zero is over rating it.
e) I can't run continuously for even five minutes now.
f) I should.
g) Total distance covered was at least four kilometres (including the 8-6 end-to-end on the basketball court).
h) This is just as fun as it was.

Much thanks to Lian and Devabasu for letting me in first.

6 comments:

Tombing said...

Agreed with your instructor regarding the after effects of (in)continuous play.
The grass in the ground is/are lovely, dark and deep
They awaits you, though life's hectic to keep!

"Great post by the way!"

Mc Neill Ivan said...

Regarding the first point, I think its just an illusion. Whenever you start running suddenly after years, it feels as if you have respiratory problems.
Regarding point e), you need practice to be able to run for long time, you just can start running after 13 years and say you are not able to run for 10 mins, that is quite impossible..

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the day.

Samba said...

well, i put that as 5 minutes. but the actual time was far less than that.

Respiratory problems - I've been having them since birth. Hope the condition goes off by itself - ostrich algorithm :)

Mc Neill Ivan said...

See, the season is going to start in another week, so better be ready with your voice box.

Sathish Mayil said...

Respiratory problem, not sure what made you say so. But don't overlook it da, we are growing old and it's important to remain healthy

Sathish Mayil said...

And nice to see that you are trying to play now, keep it up.